Issues
I know I just blogged but I'm back again to rant. Okay, maybe not rant because I'm not angry. But I am upset, sad actually. And I need to get everything off my chest, so I'm back again. Funny how you can have a great day up until something horrible happens that really destroys it.
So Joash and I have been looking at HDB flats recently because we feel it is about time to plan for our future. I'll be graduating soon while Joash has about another three years before he completes his studies. He insists on working for at least a year before tying the knot because he wants us to be financially stable before we begin a new chapter of our lives. So if you do the math, it would take another four years before we get married. And of course with marriage, it is important to have a place of our own to settle down in. BTO flats which stand for Built-To-Order flats take approximately fours years for completion so if we apply now, everything would come nicely together. In four years time, we would be financially stable, emotionally and mentally ready to tie the knot, as well as have a house to make a home in. The problem, however, with this seemingly perfect plan, is that sometimes these flats are ready because their due date. And upon completion of the flat, we would have to submit our marriage certificate to the Housing Development Board before getting our apartment. Now if the house is ready before WE are ready to commit, a lot of problems would surface. Firstly, he would just have finished his studies (or may still be studying) and so we would not be financially stable if we relied only on my income to pay for the house as well as for our wedding celebrations. That would be taxing and extremely stressful for the both of us, an unfavorable situation that we hope would never face. The solution seems easy, apply later so that if the flat is completed before its due date, we would be financially stable. However, bidding for a flat does not equate to getting a flat. Some people have had to bid for many rounds before they obtained a house to call their own. If we wait longer to apply for a flat, we may find ourselves in this unfavorable situation where we are ready to tie the knot but there is no house available. Let's be honest, my biological clock is ticking and the longer we have to wait to get a house, the later we marry, the faster we have to have kids and the lesser we get to enjoy married life just the two of us. But you know what? This is just the least of our concerns. The one thing that is upsetting me the most is that there is a flat location that I really like which will be released in the coming November sales launch. There are good schools nearby for our kids in future, or for me to even work at because I teach. My big boss (MOE HQ) is right next to me should I ever feel the need to work there. It would be tres convenient. The house is ten minutes walking distance to the mrt station so it would be easy to get to places. The apartment is near amenities like supermarkets, wet markets and the like... It is not a mature estate so in terms of density, it is low. It seems the perfect place to stay at.
BUT. Now here comes the big BUT. If we bid, if we do get the house, and IF the house is completed in less than the four years would render us ready to make our next move in life, WHAT WOULD WE DO? I mean, we could solemnize our marriage at the Registry of Marriage, just to get the marriage certificate to obtain the house, BUT I'm not comfortable with that. My solemnization has to be on MY wedding day, in a church. It is a special occasion with daddyGod, to make a covenant with Him and him (J). Sigh, it may seem trivial to others but to me this is a big issue. Coupled with the fact that if we get the house early, we would be financially trapped. BIG SIGH. So on one hand I want to bid now for that wonderful location, but on the other hand, keeping in mind the factor of early completion, I feel that I should wait.
I prayed. And I got an answer. Will share once Joash tells me what God spoke to him. Will see if it is a confirmation to what I received from God.
See ya'll soon. Hopefully.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home