I'm finally back from the Cruise! Actually, it was only four days long so it's not really 'finally FINALLY'... BUT STILL, it felt like eons away from home.
On the whole, Cruise was fun. Ate a lot and I'm serious when I say a lot. Think 6 to 7 meals a day... :D Then at Penang we HAD to try all their specialties so we didn't spare ourselves. At Phuket we also had to try their lovely green curry, tom yum soup and pad thai so, MORE food. But it was all good:)
The shopping at both places was alright. Got some stuff here and there but didn't do major shopping. Got mostly gifts for people. At Penang, we did more sightseeing than shopping. Went to the Penang Museum, Peranakan House (where they filmed Little Nonya) and St George's Cathedral. All in all, Penang is a small town with really old buildings. If those buildings were given a white wash, I reckon Penang would still look like a British Colony!
Phuket was a lot sunnier. I think all of us grew a little tanner... The highlight of the Phuket stop for me was that I had my hair braided! I admit, I did look a bit bald, but I had fun! Hahaha. I think it was the whole process of getting excited about getting my hair done, to the actual braiding, and then having to live with the braids for the next couple of days so as not to waste money, that really made everything so fun. I remember whining to Jaish about taking my braids out even though I liked them, because I was simply not used to myself with braids. Oh well, a good experience altogether.
So how would I rate this trip? How about a 8/10? Haha. Good food, great places and awesome company, I'm really glad I went for this trip. :D
School's starting soon. Packed my bags today to move back into hostel on Sunday. I'm so happy we get to use the air-conditioners this sem! Little miracles like that, really makes me all the more grateful to Him from above.
ALrighteys then, toodles!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home