Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sangria

I just had dinner of fried rice and char kway teow. YUMMY. When my tummy is filled, I become a happy girl. Of course the opposite can be said for when I'm hungry. And not just the mild 'upset' but anger even.

Today was a pretty ordinary day so perhaps I should blog about what happened yesterday.

Every Tuesday is a free day for me because I do not have any lessons. It's usually the day I catch up on sleep, work, chores, basically everything that needs to get done. It's also ME day where I pamper myself with masks, movies and hobbies (e.g. cooking). Some Tuesdays are also social days where I meet up with friends, and yesterday was one of those social Tuesdays. I met up with my lovely best friend, Nat, as well as Seng and Joash.

Met Nat at 4ish pm before meeting the boys so that we could go shopping! We went to h&m and I bought a lovely lace spag top. I'm so happy with my buy not just because it's such a beautiful top but because it was soooo cheap. It was on sale so I got it for $10. Awesome deal huh?! I think that the best buys are those that are nice AND cheap. They just bring me so much more satisfaction than a nice but expensive top. Cuz you would only have the highest expectations for an expensive top. I mean, you paid that huge amount for that top so you would expect it to be nice, perfect even. But a cheap top that is also nice makes it seem like it went out of the way to make you happy, above and beyond your expectations. And THAT is what makes me really happy, when someone (or rather something) goes out of his/her way to make me happy. HAHA. Okay, I just made that inanimate top animate right?

After shopping at h&m, Nat and I went to a&f. Nat wanted to get a white dress that she previously saw and fell in love with, but unfortunately, a&f was out of stock for that dress yesterday so she couldn't. Poor Nat, it was her pay day so she must have had been really excited to get that dress. Hopefully a&f will restock soon.

Since we couldn't get her dress we decided to head to Cine early. We had planned to meet the boys there are 6ish but it was only 5 plus then. It didn't matter cuz there were other shops for us to browse at! We went to editor's market and rockstar but didn't find anything we fancied. The time to meet the boys was approaching so we went to the movie tix counters and waited for them there. Bought popcorn chicken which was really delicious!!!

Finally the boys came, one of them (Joash) half blind because his specs broke in school. We spent some time fixing it with tape and once that was done we rushed into the movie theatre. We watched Taken 2 and I really liked it! Some of my other friends felt that Taken 2 was not as exciting as Taken 1. Well, to some extent I do agree that it was not as exciting or perhaps, the better word to use would be haunting. Yes, Taken 2 was not as haunting as Taken 1 but I must say it was equally exciting. Does that make sense? I mean, I was equally enthralled watching Taken 2 as I had been when I was watching Taken 1, but I was less afraid for the former. And I appreciated that about Taken 2, that I could leave the movie theatre calm and composed, not frazzled at all. So, I would have to say that I enjoyed the movie on the whole, very much in fact.

After the movie, we headed to Oriole at Somerset for dinner. I love the ambiance though I can't say the same for the food. I had a crab linguine that was a tad too dry for my liking. If there had been a little bit more olive oil, it would have been perfect. I tried their Red Sangria too, now that, I really liked.

After dinner we went for drinks at Baa Baa Black Sheep. I had my favorite red wine and the boys had beer. My babygirl drank guava juice, haha.

Spent an hour there, after which, we headed home. Joash stayed over at my place because it was too late to go home by then.

It was an awesome day... Can't wait to go traveling with them! :)

Okay, it's 9pm now so I should probably start work. Toodles.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home