Monday, January 18, 2010

Faithful God

Faithful God, faithful God
All sufficient king, I worship you

Shalom my peace, my strong deliverer
I lift you up, faithful God


I love this song, it so succintly describes our Father in Heaven. He is indeed faithful, choosing to remain in us even when we are faithless in Him. So many incidents that have occurred and are continuing to occur in my life confirm this simple yet profound truth about Him. And it's because of what I'm experiencing for myself day by day, that I love Him more and more...

Thank you Jesus, for your love to me. There is just so much joy that you give, a joy that no amount of words can express in full extent... It's just so good to worship you and bask in your presence. You are my peace, my strong deliverer.


A great thing has just happened for me, some of you may know, but for those who don't, I recently got attached! :D No, that is not the sole reason why I have this sudden overwhelming love for God. HAHAHA. I was just listening to the song 'Faithful God' and reflecting upon His goodness that I felt inclined to write all that I just wrote in italics.

Anyway, about my recent 'activity' as facebook would call it, I'm really really really happy. Happy because I've been waiting for this day for so long, and even though I've told God before that I was willing to wait til Ashie's NS term was over (4 years) before we got into a relationship, and not count those years as a waste of my time, cherishing everyday because it was a good and meaningful experience in itself, inwardly I'm really glad that I do not have to wait anymore.

It's so true that when we surrender everything into God's hands, He takes it to another level and surprises us with more good things that he has in store for us. I submitted this relationship into His hands, and He has honoured my wait of 2 years. It came as a surprise because I certainly wasn't expecting it! But it goes to show all the more how much God loves us, that when we are willing to surrender the things closest to our heart, God will indeed take care of it. And by taking care, I mean doing something so amazing you never dreamed possible! Hahaha.

God knows our hearts desires and wants to give us good things. All He wants is for us to love Him and seek Him first in everything. Surrendering is essential. I'm glad I did, because I can't wait for this wonderful, beautiful and exciting ride ahead. :D

God bless! <3!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home